Saturday 20 February 2010

The Big One

I SPENT a good few hours eyeing up bargains at the Big One today and needless to say I ended up going home with a few.

For those of you who weren't there – though it seemed like most of the anglers in the country were – it's a huge tackle sale held in a hangar-like venue at Farnborough airport with hundreds of exhibitors selling gear at knock-down prices.

Lots of the sport's big names were there representing their various interests and it was good to see people like Steve Ringer and Keith Arthur chatting happily with the punters. It's often said that angling is the only sport where an amateur can compete alongside a world champion and there were certainly no barriers in evidence today.

There'll be more of the Big One from me at a later date but for now, I'm off to play with my new kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment